Friday, May 20, 2016

The struggle

As I mentioned before, I am getting to my location a little early. This means I have to coordinate bookings for multiple hotels and flights, which, for someone as obsessed with organizing as I am, is a huge struggle. Ireland was easy, because I know Dublin. I know where to go, where to stay, what I want to be near. But Spain? I've absolutely no clue. We are staying in Madrid overnight, which means I've been endlessly researching hotels near the airport, hotels closer to city center, surrounding amenities, hotel amenities, transportation to and from hotels/city center/airport. It's exhausting.
So I've narrowed it down to five (or seven) hotels which have things that are important: ATM, bar, COFFEE, maybe a pool (30 day forecast says I should expect 90 degree weather!!), and convenience of transportation. I have a feeling I'll want to be by things and places I can go walk to and ogle at, but I have a sneaking suspicion I'll get lost.
33 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment